Some of the effective, well-proven, low-cost immune-enhancing methods are listed below. Please bear in mind, these are not end-all remedies. Each individual should use their own judgement in determining what works for them and/or consult with their medical practitioners.
- Vt C–2000 mg/day, Vt D–2000 ius/day (best source of Vt D is sunshine)
- Zinc–10 -20 mg/day (best sources of the Zinc are oysters, red meat, poultry, beans, nuts)
- Elderberry syrup (1 tsp/day)
- Oregano oil (dilute it with other oils depending on the strength) or 1 tablet of Oregamax by North American Herb & Spice
- Raw garlic cloves–2-3/day
- Ginger/lemon/honey tea
- Tons of fresh organic vegetables and fruits
- Avoid sugar, wheat, and dairy products
- 1-hour walk under the sunshine
- Ventilate your room/car as often as possible
If you experiencing high fever, chest pain, and/or difficulty of breathing, consult with your physician immediately. If you think you may have been exposed to the virus and are concerned even if there are no active viral attack symptoms, do the following:
- Drink tonic water–this is basically the quinine water mixed with sugar
- Baking soda (½ tsp dissolved in warm water) daily–to make your body more alkaline
- Up Vt C to 5000 mg/day
- Up Vt D to 5000 ius/day
- Up Zinc intake to 50 mg/day
- Make your own Quinine Extract(Note: The Quinine is the basis of Hydroxychloroquine (HCQ) used to combat malaria and other parasitic infections. Make sure to take this with the Zinc as the Zinc propels the quinine into the cells for faster healing)
Wash 2-3 grapefruits thoroughly. Peel the grapefruits. In a pot with a lid, place the peels and pour water about 3 inches above the peels. Turn the heat on and let it simmer for two hours. Do not take the lid off the pot till it cools down completely. This concoction is bitter, so sweeten with honey. Take 1 Tsp every 2-3 hours to bring up the phlegm from the lungs. Discontinue when you get better.
We are living in an extremely chaotic, confusing, and fearful environment. Never in human history have we experienced such a massive global lockdown that affected almost everyone on planet earth. It feels like the impact of COVID-19 is ten times bigger than that of 9/11; it’s akin to nukes detonated everywhere across the globe.
We were informed about clear and imminent dangers of the virus; we followed the government edicts and rules diligently; and we reduced our physical and social activities to a minimum. In the meantime, we had to deal with an unprecedented amount of stress, worries, and anxieties. Occasionally, many of us felt physical, emotional, and spiritual challenges were unbearable.
Now it seems that we will be allowed to resume normal activities, albeit on an extremely limited scale. As many pundits put it, going back to “normalcy” is not likely to happen. We need to adjust to new, unknown parameters of life, adapt to strange rules and regulations, and deal with many different survival issues. The only thing we know for sure at this point is it will be a very rough ride.
Before I will share my thoughts on how to cope with COVID-19, I want to put a few things in perspective.
- Scientists, medical doctors, and so-called experts do NOT have a clue what this virus is all about. I’ve read hundreds of medical journals and talked with many medical doctors, and the consensus seems to be: We Don’t Know What the Devil This Virus Is.
- As the true nature of this virus is so elusive, it’s difficult to put faith in testing results (PCR molecular tests, antibody tests, etc.), tracing mechanisms, miracle drugs, and soon-to-be-introduced “vaccines.” –New England Journal of Medicine, May 22, 2020–Remdesivir for the Treatment of Covid-19 — Preliminary Report
- Most importantly, why in the world Nobody who is presumed to be responsible for public health gives advice on how to protect ourselves other than emphasizing social distancing, hand-washing, wearing masks, etc.? Is that all they can offer?
Clearly, when it comes to preventing ourselves from getting really sick, we’d better Not expect any sensible guidelines to be issued by public health officials or other medical authorities.
I will stay away from typical advices available all over the internet such as drinking plenty of fluids, making sure the air you breathe in is moist enough, etc. I will list what I’ve done for myself to get over from this prolonged hacking cough syndromes. You can experiment on what works for you, and what doesn’t.
- Castor Oil Pack—Apply castor oil on cotton or woolen cloth, wrap it with saran wrap (or put it in zipper-lock bag), place the cloth on the chest, neck, and behind the neck area, then apply heating pad on top of the pad. Place the pack at least 10 minutes at a time, 3 – 5 times a day. You can place the pack on the chest and go to sleep with it. Almost immediately, your bronchial tubes will expand and you can breathe better. No other oil such as coconut oil works.
- Mix 2 Tsp of Organic Apple Cider Vinegar, 1 Tsp of Organic Raw Honey, and 1 Tsp of Cinnamon powder in hot water, make it into a half a cup, and drink the mixture, 3 -5 times a day.
- Mince raw garlic, mince raw ginger as finely as possible, mix with 1 Tsp of raw organic honey in hot water. Make it half a cup, and drink it 3 – 5 times a day. Bear in mind that this mixture smells extremely strong. I did this mixture only at nights and weekends.
- Find food-grade hydrogen peroxide. It must be food-grade as regular hydrogen peroxide is too strong for the our internal tissues. Put it in a spray bottle (buy a cheap nasal spray, dump the content out, then fill the bottle with the food-grade hydrogen peroxide). Take a deep breath first, and let the air out, then spray the hydrogen peroxide into the throat. A few pumps at a time, 3 – 5 times a day.
5. Put a few drops of food-grade hydrogen peroxide in a cool mist, and leave the mist on when you go to sleep. You can skip step 4, and breathe in the air coming out cool mist.
6. Take 7000 – 8000 mg of Vit C a day.
7. Take at least 10,000 mg of Vit D a day.
8. Rest as much as you can.
I was able to get rid of cough in 3 days with these regimens. Had I started out with these regimens from the outset, I might have gotten over from the nagging cough syndromes in a few days, but I didn’t know what I was fighting against.
Lastly, acupuncture works wonder in this case. I gave myself acupuncture treatment almost daily to fight this cold. Please visit acupuncturists near you as they should know how to augment your lung functions, while restoring your innate immune functions. They may also give you some potent Chinese herbal remedies as well.
Coughing does actually have an important purpose. It’s a safety reflex, our body’s way of keeping unwanted stuff from getting into your lungs. In this case of prolonged coughs, it seems to be post-virus inflammation of the airways that causes debilitating symptoms linger long after the initial infection has gone.
I do not know whether we are dealing with a brand new, unknown superbug medical community has been talking about. Neither do I know whether extremely wet and volatile weather we had during the summer has impacted our immune functions so much that we can’t cope with this strange virus. One thing that is clear is that conventional medical approaches including antibiotics seem to have little or no effects at all combating this strange viral infection.
Last month alone, I’ve treated more than 10 people who suffer from nasty, prolonged (usually more than a month), hacking cough syndromes that looks like bronchitis and/or bad sinus infections. Many of them had gone to medical doctor’s offices and hospitals, took chest x-rays, scoped around, but the majority was told there’s no known for this particular syndrome.
Hacking coughs cannot be treated with antibiotics (as it’s viral) and researchers have recently revealed that over-the-counter cough medicines are very ineffective. Usual supplements for chest cold such as Echinacea, Vit C, and Zinc rarely work for this particular case of viral infections.
I myself have suffered from this nasty, coughing pits a few weeks ago. Normally, I get over from any cold/flu in less than 48 hours, however, this time around, it took me well over 2 weeks to shake it out completely. When I started inquiring about this strange viral infection, I’ve found out that this virus affects millions of people across the nation, from Brooklyn to Las Vegas. I was told from a MD friend that it typically takes about 6 weeks to recover, but in some cases, it can linger around more than six months. Well, I will share what I did to recover from this painful, nasty, dry, chesty coughs mixed with phlegm that seemed never-ending.
The suboccipital muscles are a group of four muscles located on each side of the back of the neck just below the base of the skull. The muscles connect the skull with the top two vertebrae of the neck. Located right underneath the occipital bone (the pronounced protrusion of the back of the head), there are four paired muscles as shown in the picture.
These muscles are designed to sit right on top of the cervical spine, however, most of us tend to lean forward habitually. Texting, using computers, or even when we eat, we place our ears way forward than our shoulders. As a result, these suboccipital muscles tend to get stretched too much on one wide, crunched up, and stiffened over time. Misalignment of the suboccipital muscles becomes a prime cause of head and neck tension and shoulder aches. Prolonged neck tension may permeate toward the frontal area, causing temple and frontal headaches, and may interfere with the blood flow to the eyes, resulting in painful & burning eye syndromes.
Since I am exposed to not-so-well patients all the time, I am pretty susceptible for catching a cold and flu. With the following tricks, I usually get over from any cold syndromes within 24 – 48 hours.
- Take Vit C 5000-6000 mg per day from the first day of cold symptoms.
- Drink very hot tea with ginger/lemon/honey (I add cinnamon also) syrup in every two hours.
- Spray colloidal silver into the nostrils and throat, twice a day.
- Use cold mist, mixed with a few drops of hydrogen peroxide (I actually inhale the mist for a few minutes.)
- Take Chinese medicine “Gan Mao Ling (available at my office)” for a day or two.
- Needle myself on the key immune points along with the Lung points.
That’s it. I am all good in 24 hours, the longest has been 48 hours. Hopefully, you will get similarly wonderful results.