- 2-8 ounce Mason jars
- 2 to 3 lemons, sliced
- 3 tablespoons fresh ginger, peeled and coarsely chopped
- Wash lemons and cut into slices or wedges. Remove seeds and pack the wedges in a clean, dry jar.
- Peel and cut ginger root. Add 1 1/2 tablespoons into the jar with the lemon wedges.
- Fill the jar with honey.
- Close the jar and let stand for at least 24 hours before using.
- Store in refrigerator or dark, cool pantry for up to 2 months.
When the mixture is ready, it will become a thin syrup that can easily be spooned out. Taken daily or when you are feeling ill, this syrup will be your best friend to boost your immune system during those cold winter months when the virus are at their most active.