There are some holistic tips you can try to decrease your pain and increase your ease of movement. If you haven’t felt any symptoms yet, but want to prevent carpal tunnel from developing, try these pointers:
- Move as much as you can at work. Avoid maintaining the exact same position for more than 45 minutes at a time.
- Keep warm. Often, people who frequently have cold hands are more prone to developing carpal tunnel. Keep your circulation strong.
- Try to use each hand evenly. Don’t let one overcompensate for the other.
- Maintain correct posture at your desk. The longer you sit on one position in front of a computer, the more you’re likely to slouch. Slouching puts strain on the neck and shoulders, which in turn affect your wrists and hands.
- If you’re working on a keyboard, try to keep your forearms level with the keyboard. Avoid bending your wrists for long periods of time.