There’s really no reason to take statins and suffer the damaging health effects from these dangerous drugs. Adopt a holistic approach that will benefit your overall health—which includes a healthy cardiovascular system.
- Optimize your vitamin D levels. Appropriate sun exposure is critical in maintaining a healthy heart.
- Reduce grains and sugars in your diet.
- Eat plenty of cruciferous vegetables such as kale, brussels sprouts, broccoli, radish, turnips and cabbages.
- Eat at least three cloves of garlic a day.
- Consume a moderate amount of high-quality animal (organic grass-fed) fats.
- Other heart-healthy foods include olive oil, coconut and coconut oil, organic raw dairy products, eggs, avocados, raw nuts and seeds.
- Exercise daily. Make sure you incorporate peak fitness, which also optimizes your human growth hormone (HGH) production.
- Address your stress level through yoga, Qi-kong, or Emotional Freedom Tapping(EFT). Daily meditation for only five minutes can dramatically reduce your stress level.
- Avoid smoking or drinking alcohol excessively.
- Be sure to get plenty of good, restorative sleep.