Carpal tunnel syndrome can be effectively treated through regular exercise, consistent self-massage, and a healthy diet. Many times, these concerted efforts will eliminate the need for surgery.
Food items to minimize:
- Salt intakes in diet because salt causes the retention of water that results in swelling in the wrist and the hands.
- Fatty and oily foods must be avoided also as these foods will cause the tissues to swell in a similar way to that of salt.
What to Take:
- Drink plenty of water throughout the day.
- Lots of vegetables rich in folic acid and iron such as kale, broccoli, brussel sprouts, and spinach.
- Liver, peanuts, lima beans, kidney beans, citrus fruits, fortified breakfast cereals, lentils and rice.
- Iron, calcium, potassium, magnesium, Vitamins B7, B12, A, and D.