Known to be one of the most effective weight loss/detoxification program, the Standard Process 21-day protocol has been around for decades. Unlike numerous weight-loss programs that promote a quick weight loss–most people gain back their weights plus many extra pounds, this program truly “resets” one’s metabolic rates and make people adopt completely different eating patterns.
The dietary modifications throughout the Standard Process program consist of:
- unlimited fresh or frozen vegetables and fruits and preferably twice as many vegetables as fruits (nothing else is allowed for the first 10 days)
- at least 64 oz of water a day.
- After day 10, ½ cup of cooked lentils or brown rice along with a small portion of protein (poultry or fish) is allowed.
- Participants consume a protein–based shake as 2 or 3 times per day.
- Supplements designed to cleanse the liver, kidneys, small and large intestines.
For detailed explanation of the program, please visit: https://www.standardprocess.com/Products/…/Patient-Purification-Program-Guide
The whole program is designed to release toxins gradually and safely. Regardless how much we try to eat clean and healthy, our bodies are loaded with toxins. Naturally occurring toxins that build up in the body can contribute to:
- Food cravings and weight gain
- A stuffy feeling in the head
- Fatigue or difficulty sleeping
- Indigestion and other temporary gastrointestinal upset
- Reduced mental clarity
- Low libido